Workshops, Speaking, & Programs:
Mind Fitness Coaching:
Yoga & Meditation:
- Gentle Yoga Classes
- Chair Yoga Classes
- Mixed Level Yoga Classes
- Introduction to Yoga Course
- Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation Course
- Yoga Workshops
Workshops, Speaking, & Programs
Unleash Your Creative Spirit Retreats
UNLEASH YOUR CREATIVE SPIRIT ~A yoga and creativity retreat~
This retreat gives participants an opportunity to nurture their creative spirit and unleash their self-expression. When our creativity is out of balance or we suppress the desire to express ourselves, we may experience emotional instability, fear of change, or dissatisfaction. Getting lost in creativity helps you become part of something bigger than yourself and brings balance and joy to your life. This retreat will provide tools and techniques to allow the space needed to invent, explore, and get lost.
Some of the tools we will use include yoga, meditation, chanting, sound, dance, aromatherapy, nature, laughter, and creative activities to be inspired, stimulated, and joyful.
Find timelessness, peace, and focus at this retreat while you reveal your creative spirit.
We offer 1-day and 2-day retreats. The next 2-day retreat is planned for Spring 2017.
Unleash Your Creative Spirit Retreat can be brought to your group to your location of choice.
Connect with Tina at email@example.com for more information.
THE 2-DAY RETREAT OFFERS:
- 2 nights of accommodations (Friday and Saturday nights)
- Meals and snacks
- 3 yoga classes:
- Awaken Your Creativity – sacral chakra stimulation
- Calm in the Chaos – restorative
- Unleash Your Self Expression – throat chakra stimulation
- Meditation instruction & practice (mindfulness & visualization)
- 3 interactive workshops:
- Unleashing Your Creative Spirit Through Space & Movement – ecstatic dance
- Unleashing Your Creative Spirit Through New Perspectives – contemplative photography
- Unleashing Your Creative Spirit Through Sound – painting
- Guidance for journaling
- Guidance for Dyads
- Nature activities and evening fires (weather dependent)
- Fire ceremony + chanting
- Closing circle with laughter yoga
- Laughing, connecting, inspiration, renewal, friendships, and a sense of well-being
THE 1-DAY RETREAT OFFERS:
- Chakra Awakening Yoga
- Releasing Ceremony
- Ecstatic Dance
- Mindful Painting
- Closing ceremony with laughter yoga
Mind Fitness Coaching
Yoga & Meditation
Gentle Yoga Classes
A gentle yoga practice with attention on stretching, breath work, relaxation, and gentle movements for strength, flexibility, alignment, and balance. Limited time (if any) in poses that put pressure on wrists and knees, and variations given for all poses. This class is accessible to anyone who can move from sitting on the floor to standing. Props are used to assist students with finding ease in poses.
Gentle Yoga is suitable for:
- those with health challenges such as fatigue or inflammation,
- students with injuries,
- yogis that wish to add a stretch class to their practice.
Chair Yoga Classes
A gentle yoga practice with poses practiced in a chair. Some poses will offer variations for standing; however, the entire class can be done sitting in a chair. The class will focus on flexibility, strength, balance, relaxation, and breath work. This class is accessible to anyone who can move while sitting in a chair.
Chair Yoga is suitable for:
- Those with health challenges or disabilities that prevent them from moving from floor to stand,
- Office workers sitting in a chair all day.
Mixed Level Yoga Classes
A mixed level class for students who are seeking a more physically and mentally intense class. Intermediate poses are explored and variations given for beginner to intermediate students. Classes will focus on strength, flexibility, balance, relaxation, mental fitness, pranayama, and meditation. Props are used to assist students with finding ease and effectiveness in poses.
Mixed Yoga is suitable for:
- experienced students who have an awareness of basic yoga poses and terminology,
- beginner students who can easily move from floor to stand,
- students returning to yoga after some time away,
- athletes and dancers who would like a complimentary mind-body exercise.
Introduction to Yoga Course
This is a 5-week course for students who would like to practice yoga and need basic instruction or who already practice and would like more in depth instruction or basic teaching. Detailed instruction will be given for all poses taught in the class, and assistance will be given to individual students when appropriate. The classes will cover introductory yoga concepts such as: terminology, safety, use of props, chanting, breath work, and poses. Questions throughout class are welcomed.
Week 1: Introduction to Yoga
Week 2: Foundation
Week 3: Balance
Week 4: Strength
Week 5: Flow
Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation Course
This is a 6-week course to introduce students to the concept of mindfulness meditation (Vipassana). The classes include presentation of a weekly topic, instruction, practice, journaling, and discussion/sharing circle. Homework is suggested for creating a meditation and mindfulness habit and self discovery.
Weekly topics include:
- Mindfulness of Breath
- Mindfulness of Body
- Mindfulness of Thoughts
- Mindfulness of Emotions
- Mindfulness of Heart/Mind
- Mindful Living
Yoga is a practice, and sometimes we become mindless about our practice. Yoga workshops are designed to dig deeper into yoga asana (poses), chanting, chakras, or philosophy.